Latest Washington Post Headlines Today
August 09, 2022
August 09, 2022View latest news and headlines from Washington Post today, including breaking news, world news, sport, TV, radio and a whole lot more.
- Two children wounded in shooting in Northeast Washington
- FBI searches Trump safe at Mar-a-Lago Club, former president says
- Fifth murder trial set for Keith Davis Jr.
- Montgomery heads to a recount in the county exec race. Here’s what that means.
- Montgomery County Schools working to fill hundreds of teacher, staff vacancies
Police in Maryland arrest ‘Old Man Bandit’ with history of robberies
There’s no shortage of teachers. We’ve just driven them out of schools.
- Off-duty Arlington police officer charged with assaulting woman
- Va. Gov. Youngkin faces second suit over teacher tip line
- PM Update: Isolated downpours into evening, with a hot and humid repeat Tuesday
- Family of Anton Black settles wrongful-death suit with Md. police
- An image by this Maryland photographer graces a new postage stamp
- Motorcyclist dies after crash in Dumfries
- Salt in water sources becoming worrisome in D.C. region, experts warn
- D.C.-area forecast: Steamy through Wednesday with some storm chances
- Man is slain in Washington, D.C. police say
- Man is fatally shot in Prince George’s
- Strangers huddled together under a tree. Then lightning struck.
- Teenager in critical condition after fire in Southeast D.C.
- Five hurt after police chase ends in crash involving D.C. Circulator bus
- Gunshots reported inside Tysons Corner Center; police say ‘nothing found’
- PM Update: Oppressive heat and humidity with us again on Monday
Montgomery executive race: Elrich claims victory; Blair to request recount
- It’s time to show some tough love to our soft, sad dog
- After the People’s Convoy disbanded, this offshoot headed to D.C.
- Summer programs help area students, educators with learning loss
- D.C.-area forecast: Staying hot and humid, with fluctuating storm chances through midweek
- AP declares Democratic Montgomery executive race too close to call
- Saturday snapped a heat wave, and also ended our time of longest days
- D.C. Funk Parade brings the ‘magic’ of music back to U Street
- D.C. police identify L.A. 29-year-old as third victim of lightning strike
- PM Update: Steamy and stormy weather continues through the weekend
- A national museum about – but not just for – the Deaf community
- In the 1880s, D.C.’s doctors argued about malaria and its cause
- Pardoned but still in prison: Advocates work to free man caught in system
- Arlington community mourns mother killed in hit-and-run
- Two landscapers are killed. Some say suspect should’ve been locked up.
- D.C.-area forecast: Nonstop steaminess with storms possible nearly daily
- Friday seemed full of atmospheric drama. And routine, too.
- D.C. police release body-camera video from officer in fatal shooting
- Virginia’s Yesli Vega boosts national profile with CPAC appearance
- PM Update: Scattered strong storms may produce flooding through evening
- How to get a monkeypox vaccine in the D.C. region
- Feds deny Bowser’s request for National Guard to help with Texas migrants
- Robert Bickford, who led Prince George’s Community College, dies at 92
- D.C. braces for second night of storms after deadly lightning incident
- Police claimed they’d averted a mass shooting. Now it’s not so clear.
- Where lightning hit the most in the U.S. in 2021
- A damaging tornadic waterspout barreled through parts of Smith Island
- Retired D.C. police lieutenant charged in fatal shooting of library officer