Latest Christian Science Monitor Headlines Today
August 09, 2022
August 09, 2022View latest news and headlines from Christian Science Monitor today, including breaking news, world news, sport, TV, radio and a whole lot more.
- Federal judge: Ahmaud Arbery's killers get a second life sentence
- Why South Africa is closing its doors to migrants it once welcomed
- Purdue’s tuition freeze at year 10: Most students graduate debt-free
- Singapore's death penalty: Is there room for compassion?
- Ukraine’s fellow fighters next door
Compassion test: Can NYC’s shelters take migrants bussed from Texas?
- In California, freshwater fish and farmers feel the drought
- In his second year, Biden becomes more president, less senator
- In Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan, Shiite Muslims mark Ashoura
- Bouncing back: Cheese in Bosnia, trees around the world
- In Pictures: The refugee firefighters of Mauritania
- Indie booksellers answer their community’s call
‘If’ brings us into the realm of possibilities
- Israel and Palestinian militants reach cease-fire: Will it hold?
- Democrats' unity tested but $740 billion bill passes US Senate
- In Winnipeg, a donated building becomes a force for reconciliation
- First Ukrainian grain shipment lands in Lebanon, bringing hope
- What a US military base in Poland may signal for NATO
- Kabul chaos: Shiites bombed, Zawahri killing protests fill streets
- What has a split Congress accomplished? A surprising amount.
Devastation in Gaza after new wave of Israeli airstrikes
- Ending Colombia’s cycles of revenge
- Beyoncé’s latest album embraces the revolutionary act of choosing joy
- All aboard: Why rail travel is making a comeback
- Photo IDs for immigrants in deportation: Reckless or helpful aid?
- How a video game kitty is helping real cats find homes
- Jury tells Alex Jones to pay Sandy Hook victim's family $4M+
Pressure mounts on NCAA to pay women referees equally
- Despite Kremlin efforts, Russian indie media keep news flowing
- How Egypt gets leftover food in the hands of hungry people
- Justice for Breonna? Louisville police officers charged by DOJ.
- Trust and calm over guns and swagger
- A reckoning for truth: Alex Jones revokes conspiracy theory in trial
- Republicans and Democrats unite to back Scandinavian NATO bids
- After Pelosi's visit, China tests missiles in Taiwan waters
- WNBA star Brittney Griner sentenced to nine years in Russian prison
- A wordless welcome to rural Italy
- Supreme Court is US ‘decider.’ Here’s how other nations check judiciary.
- Afghanistan mystery: Why was Al Qaeda’s leader in Kabul?
- ‘I gained a new purpose’: Kashmiri women embrace wheelchair basketball
- What can a library card get you? Try a popcorn maker or ukulele.
- How to cool cities, from heat officers to pavement sunscreen
- After seeing Peele’s ‘Nope’ twice, our columnist gets it
- After seeing Peele’s ‘Nope’ twice, our columnist appreciates it
- South Africa’s spark for clean governance
- Winter is coming: Europe innovates to avoid power cuts
- Department of Justice challenges Idaho anti-abortion laws
- Fewer new shoes and backpacks: Families feel the inflation pinch
- Vin Scully, Dodgers broadcaster, remembered as MLB’s best loved voice
- Where the Nile began: The perilous journey to seek the river’s source