Latest Techcabal Headlines Today
August 18, 2022
August 18, 2022Read latest business technology news headlines today from Techcabal, including market trends, world’s economy, companies, advancements, multimedia, electronics, mobile technologies, sciences and lots more.
- 👨🏿🚀TechCabal Daily – Bolt bolts in Tanzania
- Bolt scales down its operations in Tanzania as Uber leaves market
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies completes acquisition of Israeli technology company Telrad
- How to do Cultural Investing in Africa, according to MaC Venture Capital
- 👨🏿🚀TechCabal Daily – Rain retreats
African logistics company Lori Systems raises pre-Series B funding from Google
- Will self-service lockers fix last-mile delivery in Nigeria?
- MTN’s latest financial results show strong growth of fintech business
- Hytch abandons car-pooling, becomes a B2B logistics startup
- MTN receives $35 million binding offer for its Afghanistan business
- Rain retracts Telkom offer announcement but plans to make a formal offer in the future
- TC Crossword- Guess the startup
Meet the Paystack Mafia: a group of emerging Nigerian founders
- 20 minutes delivery: Jumia launches Food Mart, its quick commerce platform in Nigeria
- 👨🏿🚀TechCabal Daily – Ruto wins
- Pastel locks in 5.5 million seed funding led by TLcom to optimise African SMEs
- TechCabal and MoniePoint partner to discuss how tech is changing the informal economy
- The Next Wave: We are sleepwalking into a biometric dystopia
What is the future of African logistics?
- 👨🏿🚀 TechCabal Daily – 200 hacking attempts in Kenya
- TC Games: How many words can you get from “Saturday”?
- This Week: Kenya mandates coding in schools
- Samsung launches its newest foldable phones in Nigeria
- Destination Kinshasa: Can Kenya’s infatuation with the DRC inspire digital innovation?
- Another day, another suitor for Telkom as Toto Consortium makes offer to purchase government’s stake
- How Uganda’s Tripesa raised funds to power tech-enabled tourism in Africa
- Are fintechs taking the lion’s share of Africa’s product managers?
How DigiFemmes plans to increase access to digital skills for women in Côte d’Ivoire
- In Nigeria, local pioneers and brands are driving an extended reality revolution
- Ghanaian Float acquires Nigerian Accounteer to provide accounting services to small businesses
- Rain proposes merger with Telkom, regulator says ‘no’, but it might not be over yet
- Interswitch has integrated all its APIs in one platform
- South African metaverse startup SodaWorld secures funding from Swiss CV venture capital firm
- Quick Fire🔥with Gabriel Gab-Umoden
- 👨🏿🚀TechCabal Daily – Rain proposes to Telkom
- QED makes its first investment in Africa through TeamApt
- South African logistics startup Droppa announces Series A round led by SkyNet Worldwide Express
- South African startup DataProphet raises $10 million to scale AI solutions for manufacturers
- 👨🏿🚀TechCabal Daily – Naira payments are making a comeback
- Nigeria tells Google to exclude certain groups from using its products
- Airtel Africa signs $125 million credit facility with Citigroup
- 👨🏿🚀TechCabal Daily – African founders and investors speak up
- South African accelerator Grindstone announces 2022/23 cohorts
- Elloe acquires Kenyan social commerce startup Flo by Saada
- “The African tech ecosystem will remain unshaken in this economic downturn,” founders and investors say
- Amidst fintech regulatory hurdles, Virtual Pay secures a payment service license in Kenya
- Nigerian Bluechip Technologies expands to Europe to target banks and telcos
- TC Crossword: Guess the startup
- TC Games: Which country’s flag is this?
- 👨🏿🚀TechCabal Daily – Fighting potholes