Latest Vulture Headlines Today
August 09, 2022
August 09, 2022View latest news and headlines from Vulture today, including breaking news, world news, sport, TV, radio and a whole lot more.
- WGA Members Call for Guild Coverage for Animation Projects Nick Kroll, Amy Poehler, and J.J. Abrams are among more than 850 people who have signed the public pledge.
- Better Call Saul Recap: Getting Away With It Kim proves she’s still capable of being human.
- Audra McDonald Is Finally Coming Back to Broadway As the star of Ohio State Murders, written by Adrienne Kennedy and directed by Kenny Leon.
- How is Kim Doing After This Week’s Better Call Saul? It’s Kim Wexler like we’ve never seen her before.
- Industry Recap: Let’s Find Out How Essential You Are “I’m sick of commenting on the direction of the wind. Shall we make it blow?”
- Below Deck Mediterranean Recap: Dark Waters This drama between Natasha and Dave isn’t fun to talk about.
- Trump Says the FBI Raided Mar-a-Lago and Broke Into His Safe Federal agents were apparently looking for evidence that Trump took classified information home from the White House.
- Twitter’s Legal Team Just Sucker Punched Elon Musk The social-media platform launched a sneak attack against the guy it wants to buy the company.
- Anne Heche in ‘Critical Condition’ Following Car Crash According to a representative, she has remained in a coma since shortly after the accident.
Ezra Miller Charged With Felony Burglary in Vermont
After allegedly breaking into an unoccupied home and taking several bottles of alcohol.
- The San Jose Realtor Whose Clients Want to Be in Palo Alto “Even my most wealthy and successful clients can’t touch that market.”
- Comedian Jacqueline Novak’s Grub Street Diet “This all goes back to the source bag, the Tostitos bag of my youth, humongous, the size of my torso.”
- The Bodies Keep Piling Up at Lake Mead Four sets of human remains have now been discovered in the rapidly receding reservoir since May.
- Dame Olivia Newton-John Is Dead at 73 The Golden Globe–nominated Grease star was an advocate for breast-cancer research.
- Police Have a Lead in Killings of Muslim Men in Albuquerque At least three Muslim immigrants have been ambushed and killed in recent weeks, terrifying the local community.
- The GOP’s Glut of Rookie Candidates Could Mean Lots of Costly Mistakes Experience in politics isn’t everything. But the GOP’s unusually large number of first-time candidates could mean midterms trouble down the road.
- Westworld Recap: Murder Me a Little All of the characters are in the same time and place! What a concept!
- Becoming Elizabeth Season-Finale Recap: The King Is (Almost) Dead Mary is so close to the throne. And yet …
The Sandman Recap: Beware of Dreams and Houses
- Senate Democrats Finally Get Their Big Climate, Health Care, and Tax Bill Done An overview of what’s in the Inflation Reduction Act and what last minute changes were made.
- Arizona Has Become a Paradise for Election Deniers Promoters of Trump’s election fables swept four major statewide Republican primaries. The GOP could pay a price in November.
- Top Gun: Maverick Sinks Titanic at the Box Office Next goal: a reference in the spoken-word section of a Britney Spears song.
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Resigned as Queen of Staten Island Her nine month relationship with Pete Davidson is allegedly done.
- The Times’s ‘Hunt’ Columnist is Being Sued for Back Rent But it looks like Joyce Cohen is just trying to finish out her sublet term.
- Sinema’s ‘Yes’ on Budget Bill Gives Democrats New Momentum After a year of angst, Manchin and Sinema have finally cut deals on the climate and economic bill. Now there are just a few final challenges.
- The Rehearsal Recap: I Don’t Like to Lying to People The Rehearsal’s most intense episode shows just how far Nathan is willing to go.
- All of the Allegations Against Kevin Spacey A judge ruled that Spacey, who allegedly sexually harassed House of Cards crew members, must pay almost $31 million to the show’s production company.
Sandy Hook Parents Awarded Another $45 Million of Alex Jones’s Money
The Infowars founder has had an expensive week in court, and there are still two more trials to go against other Sandy Hook victims’ families.
- 8 Takeaways From Elon Musk’s Legal Response To Twitter The Tesla CEO has presented his response trying to get out of buying the company, but more questions linger over his chances of success
- Will Democrats’ Legislative Success Matter in the Midterms? With the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act and gas prices dropping, Democrats’ odds of success in November’s elections are looking up.
- Batgirl Director Adil El Arbi Shares Lone Image of Michael Keaton’s Batman Maybe Warner Bros. wanted more bat-nipples.
- Everything to Know About the Ahmaud Arbery Murder Case Travis and Gregory McMichael have received second life sentences for federal hate-crime charges.
- Olivia Newton-John Has Died Her Grease co-star John Travolta paid tribute to the actor on Instagram.
- The Sandman Season-Finale Recap: Heart in a Blender Dream, one of the most tight-buttholed characters in fiction, has declenched.
- The GOP Is the Party of Insulin-Gouging In their quest for zero-sum victories — and Democratic defeats — Republicans are incapable of tackling popular issues that would benefit them.
- The Complete History of Ezra Miller’s Controversial Career From kidnapping allegations to cult rumors to The Flash turmoil.
Carlina Rivera on What Democrats Get Wrong About Latinos
A daughter of the Lower East Side runs to represent the district where she grew up.
- Tom Cruise Wants to Star in a Movie Musical One of three films he’s reportedly developing, including a Tropic Thunder callback.
- Sleepover Kits Are About Making Content, Not Playing Pretend Kids don’t need to glamp.
- Tiny Dancer Britney Spears Collaborated With Elton John “Hold Me Closer” is Spears’s first song in six years.
- Straight-Boy Swooning Over the East Villains TikTok Crew Guess which one’s nickname is “Phantom Smoocher”?
- John Travolta, Dionne Warwick Remember Olivia Newton-John “Yours from the first moment I saw you and forever! Your Danny, your John!”
- Kansas Shows the Potential Power of Pro-Choice Republican Voters The Kansas abortion vote confirms that there are a significant number of pro-choice Republicans. Post Dobbs, they may get fed up with their party.
- Trump Notes in Toilet Were Better Left to the Imagination Reporters were so preoccupied with whether they could find these pictures that they didn’t stop to think if they should.
- Tonya Lewis Lee on Aftershock and Black Maternal Health The documentary’s co-director explores health advocacy through art.
- The Sandman Recap: Like a Comic-Book Convention? Rose alters reality while the Corinthian basks in adulation.
- Dystopian Housing Issue? There’s an App for That. It’s become so impossible to get an apartment that apps have emerged to make it easier — for a fee, of course.
- What We Know About the Disappearance of Gabby Petito Her parents are now suing Brian Laundrie’s parents and the Moab, Utah, police.
- The Diva Puzzle 8-Across, Nine Letters: Broadway musical that will soon star Lea Michele.
- HBO Max’s Latest Change Is One Most Users Might Not Notice Finally, some much-needed maintenance.