Meaning of Agranulocyte:
Is a type of white blood cell with a nongranular cytoplasm and a large spherical nucleus; lymphocytes and monocytes are examples of Agranulocytes .
Types of Agranulocytes
Agranulocytes and Granulocytes
Granulocytes are white blood cells that are present as granules in cytoplasm.
Types of Granulocytes
The major difference between Granulocytes and Agranulocytes
- Granulocytes Cytoplasm Contains granules while Agranulocytes Cytoplasm Does not contain granules
2. Granulocytes Originates from Bone marrow while Agranulocytes Originates from Lymphoid
3. Granulocytes Lobes in Nucleus 5-Feb while Agranulocytes Lobes in Nucleus 1
4. Granulocytes Classification Basophils, neutrophils, eosinophils while Agranulocytes Classification Lymphocytes, macrophages, monocytes.
5. Granulocytes Involved in Innate immunity while Agranulocytes Involved in
6. Granulocytes Also known as Polymorphonuclear leukocytes while Agranulocytes Also known as Mononuclear leukocyte.s
7. Granulocytes % of leukocytes 65 while Agranulocytes % of leukocytes 35
Some of the main functions of agranulocytes include:
- Activating other immune cells
- Destroying old and damaged cells
- Protect the body against invading microbes (bacteria and viruses)
- Destroying cancerous cells