A Quick-Start To 24-Hour Liver Cleanser
You can give your liver a boost by starting with a quick, 24-hour cleanse. In the seven days prior to this short cleanse, eat kale, cabbage, lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, citrus fruits, asparagus, beets and celery.
Avoid any processed foods, and eat free-range organic meats, refined carbohydrates and gluten sparingly.
This preparation will help facilitate the cleanse.
During the week you are preparing your body, try my Secret Detox Drink. It boosts your energy and helps you to detox and cleanse the liver. This recipe calls for apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and water.
Then, during the week of your cleanse try this liver detox drink. This recipe will help support your body while cleansing:
Liver Detox Drink
- Dilute cranberry juice with a ratio of 3 parts water to 1 part cranberry juice.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon each of nutmeg and ginger and a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon into a tea infuser and let steep in simmering water for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the juice of 3 oranges and 3 lemons and stir. If the mixture is too tart, sweeten with your favorite all-natural sweetener.
- Sip throughout the day.
You should consume a minimum of 72 ounces of this mixture and 72 ounces of water. After one day of the cranberry juice blend, reintroduce the foods you ate in preparation for the cleanse.
Liver Cleanse Key Points
Cleansing and detoxing the liver and colon helps to clear pesticides, medications, heavy metals and the remnants of cancer therapy out of your system, resulting in a healthy liver.
To keep your liver healthy through the years, periodically do a 24-hour liver cleanse
Maintain a healthy diet void of processed foods, and high in vegetables, legumes and whole grains.
6-Step Liver Cleanse
- Load up on potassium-rich foods.
- Do a coffee enema.
- Remove toxic foods from your diet.
- Drink raw vegetable juice.
- Eat liver or take beef liver tablets.
- Take milk thistle, dandelion and turmeric supplements.