5 Men Alex Amos, Alheri Phanuel, Holy Boniface, Jerry Gideon and Jari Sabagi reportedly attacked and killed a Fulani Herdsman In Yola Adamawa
A High Court Presided over by Justice Abdul-Azeez Waziri in Yola has sentenced five men to death for culpable homicide and for killing a herdsman.
- Herdsmen Launch Fresh Attack Killing18 Persons in Benue Communities
- Herdsmen Killings: Catholic Bishops, Atiku, Ohanaeze, Afenifere Fault Buhari’s Vow to Deal with Culprits
The convicts, Alex Amos, Alheri Phanuel, Holy Boniface, Jerry Gideon and Jari Sabagi of Demsa Local Government Area of Adamawa State, were found guilty of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide which contravened Section 96 (1) (a) and Sections 79 and 221 (b) of the Penal Code of Laws of Adamawa State, 1997.
- 32 Killed, 19 Injured As Herdsmen Attack Nasarawa Communities — Report
- Name Killer Herdsmen ‘Terrorists’ — Charlyboy’s group insists
- Farmer narrowly escapes painful death as herdsmen cut off his toes, fingers in Abraka
The convicts were said to have on June 1, 2017 at Kadamun village in Demsa local Government Area willfully and intentionally conspired and attacked three herdsmen rearing cattle, killing one of them, Adamu Buba, whose body they threw into a river and also maimed several cows.
- Exposed! Gov Ortom indicts presidency, Defence Minster, IGP over Herdsmen killings
- Okorocha defends Fulani Herdsmen, condemns Nigerians for calling them killers
Justice Waziri said the case against the accused persons had been proved beyond reasonable doubt by the counsel to the state, Mr. Salihu Mohammed.
“I hereby sentence the accused persons on counts one and two to death by hanging, while on counts four and five, I sentence the accused to three years in prison to run concurrently. “Any aggrieved party is at liberty to file an appeal to the Court of Appeal, Yola Judicial Division within 90 days from today.”