The Federal Government of Nigeria has granted licences for the establishment of six new private Universities in the country.
The decision was reached at a meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) held on Wednesday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The decision is part of steps taken to enable National Universities Commission (NUC) ensure maximum supervision in order to maintain required standards.
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, who briefed State House correspondents after the meeting listed the 6 new private universities.
Here is the full list of the 6 new private Universities below.
- Admiralty University, Ibusa, Delta State
- Spiritan University, Nneochi, Abia State
- Precious Cornerstone University, Ibadan
- Pamo University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Atiba University, Oyo State
- Eko University of Medical and Health Sciences Lagos
The FEC also gave the Minister of Petroleum matching order to end fuel crisis by the end of this week.
Minister of information during the meeting insists that the government does not intend to increase pump price of petrol.